Customer Service

Bills and Payments


Customers can pay their bills using our Autopay option.  Autopay is an automatic bank account withdrawal system for paying your water and sewer bills. The Authority requires customers who use this payment method to complete an Autopay form.  Click to download this form: Autopay Form.  Once the form is completed, signed and a voided check is attached, return to the Authority for processing.  Each Quarter you will receive a copy of your bill as usual.  The bill will specify the date the funds will be drawn from your account.  For additional information, please contact our office at (215)343-3584.

Autopay Form

Basis for Preparation of Bills

All bills for services furnished by the Authority will be based on the Authority’s published Rate Schedule and are billed to the tax parcel owner of record. A tenant can be invoiced if the Owner executes an Owner/Tenant Agreement. For sewer only customers, sewer charges can either be a flat rate or based on the amount of water used each quarter as determined from the water meter reading. When a reading cannot be obtained, an estimated invoice will be sent requesting the customer contact the Authority to set up an appointment. Each “premises” will be subject to a fixed quarterly Service Charge for each meter. Such Service Charge shall be non-abatable and non-cumulative against subsequent consumption.

Place of Payment of Bills

All bills are payable by mail to the Warwick Township Water and Sewer Authority; Box 315; Jamison, PA 18929 or, in person, at 1733 Township Greene, Jamison, PA.

The Authority will bill quarterly and bills will be rendered as soon as practicable after the receipt of necessary meter reading. Customers should anticipate receiving a quarterly bill at this time and should contact the business office if they have not received it. It is, ultimately, the customers’ responsibility for paying it on time. All bills are due and payable within 30 days after the end of the service period covered. A penalty of 15% will be added to all bills if not paid when due. Acceptance of remittance of bills shall be determined by the date of actual receipt of the customer’s payment at the Jamison Post Office. A delinquent notice will be served by mail one week following the 30-day bill payment period indicating the new current balance, which includes the late penalty charge. If, after 2 weeks, the Authority receives no response to the delinquent notice, a certified letter is mailed advising the customer to pay the delinquent amount in full within 10 days or enforcement action may be taken which may include: filing a lien on the property and/or shutting off water service. These alternatives will result in additional costs to the customer. The Authority will make arrangements for a payment plan for any responsive, cooperative customer.

All bills and notices relating to the Authority or its business shall be deemed to have been served if mailed to the customer, left upon the premises of the customer, or served in person at his address shown on the records of the Authority.

All notices of general character, affecting or likely to affect a large number of customers, shall be deemed to have been properly given or served if advertised in the newspaper designated by the Authority.

Abatement of Sewer Charges

No abatement of sewer charges is permitted. Two steps have been taken to resolve the issue of billing for water not entering the sewer system. They are applicable to single family residential users only. First, water consumption used in sewer billings will be reduced by 20 percent. In other words, a customer using 10,000 gallons of water will be billed for sewer based on only 8,000 gallons. Second, there will not be any sewer billings over 40,000 gallons per quarter for all quarters. To offset any concerns that these changes might promote an excessive use of water, an additional block was included in the water rates at a higher charge.

Changes to Rules and Regulations

No agent or employee of the Authority, or Authority member, shall have authority to bind it by any promise, agreement or representation not provided for in these rules without approval of the Board of the Authority.


Complaints relative to the character of the service furnished, the readings of meters, or concerning bills rendered shall be made in writing and mailed to the office of the Authority or shall be telephoned to the Authority office at 215-343-3584. To avoid a late penalty, a disputed bill should be “Paid Under Protest” while awaiting a resolution. Individual rate or usage cases will not be discussed at a public meeting.

Meters, Readings, Leaks, Tests, & Condition



All meters, unless otherwise indicated, will be furnished and installed by the Authority, subject to the fees currently in effect and will remain the property of the Authority and be accessible to and subject to its control and maintenance. It is unlawful to remove or tamper with Authority property: meter, curb stops, etc. The area to and around the inside meter, outside remote, and MXU must be kept free of obstacles and encumbrances to permit safe and speedy access for meter readings. Meter Readers will not take readings in potentially physically dangerous situations (electric fencing, thorn bushes, dogs, etc.).

Reading and Registration of Meters

Readings of meters shall be taken quarterly and the reading of the meter shall be presumed correct. When a reading cannot be obtained, the quantity will be determined by the average consumption of the meter for 4 quarters (when available). The customer must contact the Authority to set up an appointment. The Authority reserves the right to read inside meters.


Customers are urged to give careful attention to their plumbing and fixtures and make immediate correction of all leaks. No allowance will be made by the Authority for water used, lost, stolen or otherwise wasted through leaks, carelessness, neglect or otherwise after the water has passed through the water meter. The Authority suggests simple home tests for evidence of leaks in the residential system, for example:

  • Record the meter reading before retiring at night and, while refraining from any further use of water during the night, record the reading first thing the next morning. If the meter has advanced, water has gone through the system and a leak is apparent.
  • Add a few drops of food coloring to the toilet tank before retiring at night and refrain from any further use of water during the night. In the morning, before using the toilets, check to see if the food coloring has infiltrated the water in the toilet bowl. If so, you have water leaking through your toilet tank. Toilet repair kits are available at hardware and home repair stores and the Authority suggests repairing the faulty toilet(s) as soon as possible.

Dye kits to test for leaks are available free of charge at our office.

Meter Tests

All meters are tested for accuracy by the factory prior to installation. Should any customer of the Authority at any time doubt the accuracy or correctness of the meter measuring the water delivered to the customer’s premises, the Authority will have an independent test of the accuracy of the meter performed, upon a written request of the customer. If the meter is found to be accurate within stated standards, fees determined from the rate schedule for a new meter, installation and testing shall be paid to the Authority by the customer requesting the test. If the meter is determined to be inaccurate, the costs shall be borne by the Authority. When making such a request, the customer shall agree to the basis of payment specified, or as currently in effect. A report of such tests shall be made to the customer and a complete record shall be kept by the Authority

Customer may pay fees in advance of meter testing

Notification of Condition of Meter

The customer shall notify the Authority of damage to or of the non-working meter, as soon as he is cognizant of such a condition. The customer is liable for any damage to the water meter on his premises and shall be billed for a new meter plus installation.


Curb Stops

All curb stops should be exposed and are for the exclusive use of the Authority except, when due to a break in the service line, a plumber is permitted to shut off the curb stop. The control of the water supply by the customer shall be by means of a ball valve usually located just inside the building wall and before the meter.