1. The average American home’s water leaks amount to more than 10,000 gallons of wasted water each year. That amount of water could be used to wash 270 loads of laundry.
2. One tenth of U.S. homes have plumbing leaks that squander 90 gallons of water every day.
3. Repairing easy-to-fix home plumbing leaks can save homeowners approximately 10 percent on their water costs.
4. Upgrading to WaterSense-labeled plumbing fixtures and appliances can eliminate most common leaks.
5. Household leaks nationwide can add up to more than 1 trillion gallons of wasted water each year.